Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oscar Acceptance Speech Competition

This weekend sees the 83rd annual Academy Award ceremony in Hollywood. Acceptance speeches will be tucked inside the tuxedos and evening bags of dozens of hopefuls. But what makes a great acceptance speech? Here's where you come in. Inspired by my friend Max Atkinson's "Defend a doomed dictator" speechwriting competition", I'm running an Oscar acceptance speech contest. Here are the rules:

1. Write an Oscar acceptance speech, for any category, in no more that 250 words

2. Email it to me (alan@mediacoach.co.uk) by 6pm GMT on Sunday 28th February 2011

3. I will judge the most entertaining and appropriate entry

4. My decision is final (of course)

5. The winner receives a signed first edition of Ping! or Mediamasters

I will announce the winner, and show their entry, on Friday March 4th. Good luck.

1 comment:

Keith Davis said...

Hi Alan
Came over from Max Atkinson's blog where he mentioned your competition.

I've been running a short mini series, on my blog, about speeches in films so your competition appealed to me.

Hope to find time to have a go this weekend.

In the meantime... lets cross our fingers for Colin Firth.